Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pat is a featured artist at Gallery Calapooia, Oct. 1-25, 2014

This month I am the featured artist (along with Cindy Conder) at Gallery Calapooia.  I have been a member of the gallery since last July when we opened.  But this is the first time I have been one of the featured artists. I created new work for this exhibit-building on the things I learned in the many workshops I've taken in the last two years.  (See my last post.)  I'm very happy with these new items.  They are mainly collars or scarves.  I just didn't feel the need to create wall pieces for this show, although there are some ideas rolling around in my brain.  Besides the felted items thee are several dyed scarves in the exhibit.

If you're in the area, I'd love to see you at the Artists' Reception on Oct. 17, 6:00-8:00 at the gallery. 

Here are some pictures of the new works:

"Black and White" Collar.  The collar is held together with a white rose stick pin. 













"Shabby Chic" Collar. The collar is held together with a brown rose stick pin. 


 Three views of the "Turquoise Mosaic" collar.  The collar is held together with a black beaded stick pin. 

 "Reddish Brown Felt Lace" scarf.



Lattice Work Collar with Ruffle.















Detail of Lattice Work Collar with Ruffle.

Black and Turquoise Collar with Rose.  Closure is a turquoise rose stick pin.